Tweet about Camp using #iCampEU
Location: TU Delft Library, Delft, Netherlands
Tuesday, June 13th: Islandora Software and Community
Location: TU Delft LibraryTime Session + Details Speaker 8:30 – 9:00 Registration, Coffee & Tea 9:00 – 9:30
- What is Islandora?
- Instructor introductions
- Islandora Foundation
- Islandora Camp orientation
- Round-the-room introductions: experience with Islandora and your role in managing/using Islandora.
- Discussion of what attendees want to learn at the Camp.
- An overview of the Islandora community, what you can get out of it, and how you can join in
- Interest groups, Release Teams, listservs, Community Sprints, and more
Melissa Anez (Islandora Foundation)10:30 - 11:00 Break 11:00 - 12:00
View demos from current in-production Islandora sites.
iCamp Instructors & other presenters12:00 - 1:00
1:00 - 2:00
- What are Solution Packs and how they can help you
- An overview of Solution Packs in the current Islandora release
Rosie LeFaive (UPEI) & Diego Pino (METRO)2:00 - 3:00
- Where things stand with Islandora, Drupal 8, and Fedora 4
Rosie LeFaive (UPEI) & Diego Pino (METRO)3:00 - 3:30
3:30 - 4:00
- A tour of modules developed by the Islandora Community that are not in the official release. Discover hidden gems.
Islandora Install Fest (optional prep for Day #2)
- Includes discussion of production installation issues and troubleshooting. One way or another, we will get you on your own Islandora site for the workshops.
- Three options for a camp VM:
- Vagrant build
- VM on the USB stick
- Online sandbox
Wednesday, June 14th: Workshop Tracks for Repository Administrators and Islandora Developers
This is a full day of workshops/tutorials where you can get your hands on Islandora and gain some practical experience, either via the user interface (admins) or by digging into the underlying code (devs). The Dev track tends to be fairly loose and will be tailored to what the audience wants to do, so the schedule below is just a rough outline. Admins, your track is a lot more structured and will cover all of these topics plus whatever individual requests we have time for.Time
8:30-9:00 Coffee & Tea 9:00-10:30 Intro to Drupal and Islandora Content models and The Stack 10:30-11:00 Break Break 11:00-12:00 Islandora Configuration Tuque and Hooks - coding in Islandora 12:00-1:00 Lunch 1:00-3:00 Forms and Security (XML Form Builder) Interactive Session 3:00-3:30 Break Break 3:30-5:00 Solr for Admins Questions/discussion
19:00 Camp Dinner at 't Postkantoor
Thursday, June 15th: Deeper Dives
Location: TU Delft LibraryTime Session +Details Speaker 8:30-9:00 Coffee & Tea 9:00 – 9:30
- We open at the close because we know some of you will be catching planes in the afternoon.
iCamp Instructors9:30 - 10:00
Community SessionTBA 10:00 – 10:30
10:30 – 11:00
Architecture, script and tools to help migration from 6 to 7 and Views to improve user experience with enriched metadata and collections browsing.
Giancarlo Birello and Anna Perin (CNR-IRCrES)11:00 - 11:45
Leiden University Libraries is responsible for large heritage collections. These collections can now be found in different systems using a variety of ways to present and store them. We are in the process of migrating these collections to our new repository based on Islandora. We want to share how we do this from a technical perspective and show some of the tools we made to make this process easier for us.Lucas van Schaik (Leiden University Library) 11:45 – 1:30 Lunch - out in town
1:30 - 2:00
Islandora at UPEI
A look at migrations, customizations, and the many, many ways that the University of Prince Edward Island uses Islandora.
Rosie LeFaive (UPEI)2:00 - 2:30
Islandora at TU Delft Library
An overview of the Islandora repositories that have been implemented in Delft in the last two years. Including the Research Repository, the Education Repository, the Cultural Heritage Repository and the Colonial Architecture Repository. Emphasis will be on the automatic connection made between the Current Research Information System (Pure) and the Research Repository.Paul Suijker (TU Delft Library) 2:30 - 3:00
A Better Tool for Massive, Complex and Diverse Object Ingesting into Islandora
This session will present and showcase the Multi Importer, a tool developed at the Metropolitan New York Library Council to solve multiple formatting and ingesting needs, able to play a role in the whole workflow making the use of other tools obsolete and metadata professionals happy.Diego Pino (METRO) 3:00 - 3:30 Break 3:30 – 5:00
- It's a room full of Islandora people. Ask anything and we will try to answer/demo/solve